INNOVATION ZONE 2022
NOVEMBER 4 – 5, 2022
Open to the Public:
Fleet Week Innovation Zone / Student STEM Days
During Fleet Week 2022, the Port Pavilion Building will become home to the Fleet Week Innovation Zone. This space will showcase some of the latest High-Tech equipment used in both Military and Civilian applications, and is an exciting attraction for all ages.
The Innovation Zone debuted in 2017. A Fleet Week San Diego “Original” Event…since copied by Fleet Weeks throughout the country.
Showcases San Diego’s “High Tech Economy”, Research Institutions, and San Diego’s Military Community’s use of that technology in the operational environment.
2018 – Fleet Week San Diego added “Student Stem Days” as a separate event dedicated to San Diego Students grades 5 thru 12.
Expose Students to the real-world use of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math through interactive displays, tours and demonstrations.
- 2019 – Over 2,500 Students attended live Pre-COVID.
- 2020 – Over 3,000 Students attended virtually from around the state.
- 2021 – Over 1,500 Students attended live despite COVID restrictions.
Participating Commands, Companies & Organizations:
Why get involved??
- Share San Diego’s High-Tech Industry with local students, the Community & the Military.
- Showcase and outreach on the value of STEM Education to San Diego’s Students.
- Participate in San Diego’s annual celebration of our military Community.
This event will be dedicated to providing a fun filled day for the entire Military family. Held on Broadway Pier, this event will include live music, food, kids entertainment, and more!
Hosted by Comedian Heather Marie:
Heather has performed in over 20 countries, including war zones like Afghanistan, for our deployed U.S. Military. Some of her TV credits include hit shows, “CSI”, “WEEDS”, “Awkward”. She performed live on KTLA5 morning show as a top finalist for the Jon Lovitz comedy competition. She hosted the 5th Annual San Diego Film Awards Show that aired on KPBS. She has performed multiple times at Sea World in San Diego to honor our military for Fleet Week.